Thursday, June 3, 2010

Why 13 things?

It's possible this exercise will make me a a better, more interesting, more empathetic person. It's even possible it will make me 6'2" and unbelievably popular. If so, those will be fringe benefits. I'm doing it for the gift card.

I love Brewed Awakenings.

I love everything about Brewed Awakenings. I like that it's across the street from Coe, I like the smell of the coffee they brew, I like the friendly folks behind the counter, I like how goofy they get when they've been standing too long without a break. I like it that they do music there, I wish they did more, and I like it that they're not so cultured and hip that they don't let me play once in awhile. I meet my wife for lunch there, I meet Political Science Club there, I go there to read the paper on a Friday morning and see three colleagues and six friends I didn't expect to see. I love the unexpected wonderfulness of Brewed Awakenings, as well as the dependable wonderfulness of it.


So I'm doing this for the card. The good news is I really want that card, and I am one motivated blogger.

Bruce N.

No comments:

Post a Comment